Learn the basics of chord playing and perform a song with chords!
Go over the notes on the staff and get really fast!
Make up your own melody in a guided improv session!
In This Course You Will:
- Learn the Piano 101 Course highlights in this crash course.
- Create your own melodies with improv exercises, then play chords and learn to read music.
- Get our favorites from the course in bite-sized pieces that will get you going fast.
Get the Mini Crash Course FREE when you sign up for the Complete Piano 101 Course!
Check It Out!
Explore Musical Improvisation and Ear Training, the building blocks of Song Writing.
De-mysitfy rhythm notation and the musical staff. Reading music is made easy and accessible.
Learn the theory of music and understand the underlying structure that music is built on.
Together We will Learn To:
- Read Music: De-mystify rhythm notation and the musical staff. Reading music is made easy and accessible.
- Perform a piano solo: By the end of the course, you'll feel confident performing the piano solo from "Come Sail Away” to showcase your new skills.
- Be creative: Explore Musical Improvisation and Ear Training, the building blocks of Song Writing
- Technique exercises to help you build strength and agility, to easily move fingers fast over the keyboard for those challenging melodies.
- Hand stretches for warm up and cool down to release tension and promote healthy playing.
- Chord playing exercises to build finger coordination for 3-note chord progressions.
- Music Theory: Learn the basic theory behind playing the piano including the treble and bass clef staff, scales, and music symbols..
What You’ll Get:
- 10 modules of illustrated, detailed video tutorials take you from zero to hero on piano
- Guided practice sessions so you never have to practice alone. Each piano lab segment is filled with useful exercises, tips and tricks for developing piano skills fast.
- Bonus video tutorials that expand on chord playing, song writing, and singing for pianists (a $99 value)
About Charissa Wheeler
Charissa is the Founder of Music Junction, a Los Angeles-based music school company that provides virtual lessons and online courses, as well as in-person training. The school currently trains over 400 students at 2 music school locations in Burbank, California.
Charissa received formal piano and voice training since the age of 4. Her mother was a music teacher and made sure that music was prioritized in the family. Charissa went on to become a full-time private piano and voice instructor, and taught music lessons for over a decade.
In 2012, Charissa opened the first Music Junction music school, and the school has now grown into two Burbank locations with a large team of teachers and staff. Charissa then became the Executive Director of the school and now gives teaching support to Music Junction teachers. She provides teaching pedagogy, coaching, and resources for the teaching team. Charissa also wrote a “Music Teacher’s Handbook;” a guidebook for teaching piano and voice lessons.
Charissa completed 5 levels of music theory examinations with the Minnesota Music Teachers Association (MMTA), who also awarded her a Certificate of Excellence for service as a piano accompanist. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Millikin University, Cum Laude. She was also featured in concert as an honored state-wide piano finalist at Northrup Auditorium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.